SAAB QUESTION EVERYTHING SERIES ONLINE FORUM COMPETITION - WIN AN ARCTIC ADVENTURE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Participants must be resident in the UK aged 18 years or over (21 in the Channel Islands). To enter the competition, participants must participate in our online forum competition (www.independent.co.uk/questioneverything). Entry to the competition is free and no purchase is necessary.
2.a) There is one Arctic Adventure Trip Prize ("the Prize") to be won. The Winner shall be the person whose contribution to the online forum competition is deemed as the most original and thought provoking in the sole opinion of the Judging panel. The Prize consists of flight tickets, accommodation and transfers for the Winner and a guest adult travel companion (i.e. 2 Adults) which commences on Thursday 26th February 2009 with a return on Sunday 1st March 2009 (comprising return flights from London Heathrow to Sweden, including transfers to and from the airport in Stockholm and return internal flights from Stockholm to Kiruna, Sweden). The Prize does not include transport to and from London Heathrow or car parking, which are the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize will include the option to participate in a number of activities/excursions, including Husky sledging, Ice Driving and an overnight stay in the World Famous Ice Hotel. Full details will be provided at time of notification to the Winner. No cash or other alternatives to the Prize are available, and the Prize is not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to make any necessary alterations to either the itinerary or the dates of travel or modify the Prize, in the event that the said Prize cannot be fulfilled due to any event beyond the control of the Promoter. These dates and airports are fixed and cannot be changed. Please note that normal operator conditions apply and flights are subject to availability. The Promoter will not be responsible for any delays or cancellations outside the Promoter's control. The Winner will also be required to write an article to be published in The Saab Question Everything Series supplement on Saturday 6 December. The Independent will brief the Winner on the content of the article week commencing Monday 22 October. The Winner will be required to submit an article no later than Monday 17 November.
b) The Winners will also be required to write an article to be published in The Saab Question Everything Series supplement on Saturday 6 December. The Independent will brief the Winners on the content of the article week commencing Monday 22 October. The Winners will be required to submit an article no later than Monday 17 November.
c) The favorite article will be chosen by an electronic voting system by The Independent readers. In the event of a draw the Independents' editors' decision will be final. The winner of the competition will win a Saab Everywhere Bike. The winner will be informed on Monday, 22 December. The Promoter is The Independent.
d) Online voting ends midnight Sunday 21 December. All online voters will be entered into a free prize draw. The winner of the prize draw will be drawn at random electronically. The prize for the winner of the prize draw is an 8GB IPOD Nano. To be entered into the prize draw only one vote per email address will be counted.
e) The Promoter is The Independent 191 Marsh Wall, London E14 9RS.
3. This Prize may only be claimed by the person named on the online registration form, and must be claimed within 28 days of notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this period shall lead to the Prize being forfeited and entitle the Promoter to redraw another Winner without liability to the named person.
4. The Winner and his/her adult guest must provide their own Winter travel insurance and personal insurance, and must be able to travel on the dates specified in condition 2 above.
5. A Saab vehicle will be provided for use for Ice Driving on a frozen lake. The named driver (whether the Winner and/or the guest adult travel companion) must have no current driving convictions or no more than 6 points on his/her licence and must supply a copy of his/her driving licence in advance with identity in support in the form of a passport, if required. The Winner and any guest adult travel companion will be required to sign a release/indemnity/ disclaimer (confirming their state of health and releasing the Promoter from any responsibility for health problems arising from his/her participation in such organised activities and excursions, as some risk is involved due to high performance characteristics of the standard and the nature of any training being given and in respect to the use of a Saab vehicle referred to, save for the negligence of the Promoter).
6. It is the Winner's responsibility to ensure that he/she or any guest adult driving on behalf of the Winner complies with all laws and follow any driving restrictions in Sweden. The Promoter will not be responsible for any fines or penalties incurred and will comply with any police or other lawful request to notify them of the name and address of the driver in accordance with local applicable law.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to photograph and use the name of the Winner for the purpose of publicity without charge, and the Winner hereby consents to the same.
8. By entering the Promotion, all Participants confirm that they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of which the application instructions forms part.
9. Employees and their families of Saab Great Britain Limited and The Independent News and Media, their associated companies, their dealers and agencies are not eligible for entry.