1. Terms and conditions on www.independent.co.uk/legal form a part of these terms and conditions.
2. The competition will run from Saturday 1 December 2007 to Tuesday 24 December 2007 at www.independent.co.uk/workrelaxplay.
3. Closing date for entries is midday (GMT) on Tuesday 24 December 2007.
4. Entry to the competition is free. No purchase necessary.
5. The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of Independent News and Media Limited (“INM”), Intel and PC World, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third-party promotional partners.
6. There are three prize draws - Work, Relax and Play. Entrants may enter only one prize draw. If it appears entrants have submitted more than one entry, then all their entries will be invalid. Entries must be on the form provided at www.independent.co.uk/workrelaxplay. Winners will also be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize, as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. The winners and runner-ups will be drawn at random on 2 January 2008 from all correct entries received prior to the close of the competition. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days from the draw date. The winner has 28 working days to confirm acceptance of their prize, otherwise The Independent reserves the right to redraw the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, INM reserves the right to draw another winner from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
8. The prize draws are:
First prize. A £10,000* garden makeover by TV gardener David Domoney. *£10,000 to include the following: Design and construction of one garden, all site visits, consultancy with the resident, design and specification, products and materials, labour, specialist equipment, skips and site clearance, transportation and delivery costs, hotels and associated expenses of the team, all health, safety and risk assessment and insurance. The garden will be designed by Domoney Ltd to meet the specific brief and budget of the winner, but in accordance with any budgetary restraints of The Independent. All other costs and expenses remain the responsibility of the winner. Date of the makeover to be agreed.
Runner-up. A Sony SZ61MN laptop worth £1,299.99. Prize includes delivery but does not include installation, or support and protection.
First prize. A Sony TZ21M Laptop, Microsoft Lifecam VX7000, Ceiva 8in Wireless Digital Photo Frame, Casio EX-Z8 Digital Camera, and Slingbox Pro. Prize includes delivery but does not include installation or support and protection.
Runner-up. A Sony NR11SS laptop, worth £599.99. Prize includes delivery but does not include installation, or support and protection.
First prize. Seven nights in Japan. This is all based on two people sharing. Prize includes Economy flights from London to Japan, transfers from the airport at Japan. 7-nights accommodation based on a twin room/double room (accommodation only basis), inclusive of tax and service charges, including UK air passenger duty tax.The winner only will be given £1,000 in cash to spend. All other costs and expenses will remain the responsibility of the winner. Dates are subject to availability. Prize must be taken by July 2008. All other costs and expenses remain the responsibility of the winner. Winners are also responsible for organising transport to the airport in the UK and for insurance, visas and making the necessary health checks. Flights are non-transferable.
Runner-up. A Toshiba Satellite P200-1FC Laptop worth £899.99. Prize includes delivery but does not include installation or support and protection.
9. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
10. Completion and submission of an online competition entry form will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
11. INM reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, at its sole discretion, a competition is not able to be conducted as specified. INM reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. The Promoter of the competition is Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd, Pipers Way, Swindon, Wilshire SN3 1RJ.