Forum - House Rules
The User-generated content and postings: Terms & Conditions form a part of these house rules. Our House Rules ensure our community area stays safe and fun. The forum is moderated to ensure messages are suitable for others to read. We will remove messages which:
- may cause offence to other people
- may cause legal problems
- reveal personal details that could endanger personal safety
- use the alert button if you think that a post might be offensive or inappropriate, or if you think a moderator needs to check the post for any reason. The alert button is present on every post
- enjoy the forum
- make sure that your contribution is your own work!
- check before posting that your contribution does not contain anything: abusive, threatening, sexist, racist, homophobic, disruptive or likely to harass or cause distress
- get your parent or guardian’s permission before making any contribution if you are under 16
- contact [email protected] if you have any forum-related questions or problems. (Replies may take up to a week when things are busy)
- swear (remember ***s count as swearing!)
- post in a manner likely to offend other users
- be impatient with other users. The forum is for everyone to enjoy - if someone posts in a way that annoys you, please stay polite in response
- copy and paste large sections of content from other sites, or include copyrighted material in your post
- link directly to any kind of media file
- enter into personal arguments with other users as this will result in all parties being suspended. We will not allow the abuse of other forum members. Use the alert button if you find yourself a victim of forum abuse. All abusive posts will be removed
- give out any personal information
- post defamatory, or any other unlawful comments relating to individuals, organisations or any group of people
- post URLS in the forums. The Independent is not responsible for the content of third party sites.
- engage in spamming
- use the forum for anything other than the intended purpose. Anyone promoting themselves or their products/business/website will potentially be banned
- copy, reproduce, re-publish, download, transmit or use the content of the website for any other purpose than your own personal and non-commercial use
- repeatedly re-post deleted topics, we will have to ban you as a user
- register duplicate or multiple accounts
Breaking these rules may result in your suspension from the forum
Please be aware that The Independent has the right to remove any topic or post which it feels necessary for the continued pleasant and constructive tone of the forum.
Messages may be removed if posted in languages other than English.
If you think you have been banned, contact . Registering as a new user will lengthen any ban.